The bursary deals with financial services for students in the following scope:
- accepting cash payments in exceptional circumstances
- accepting and verifying applications for social scholarships and one-off benefits
Student Financial Service Office
deals with financial services for students in the following areas:
- calculation of tuition installments and posting of payments
- accepting and verifying applications for the rector’s scholarships and scholarships for people with disabilities
- recovery of financial arrears
- clarifying any doubts regarding the payment
- issuing certificates of payments made for visas or residence cards
- receiving applications addressed to the Rector regarding financial matters.
Additional fees are calculated mainly by the Dean’s office on the basis of decisions issued by the Dean.
Each student – a Polish citizen – is assigned an individual account number to which he or she should pay tuition fees and other additional fees in accordance with the Regulations of the Rector with regard to the fees collected, which can be found in the “Important documents” tab.
Other students – not being Polish citizens – are obliged to make payments to the following account numbers, depending on the currency chosen:
Address details of the university:
Wroclaw Business University
22 Ostrowskiego Str.
IBAN: PLSWIFT: EBOSPLPWXXX
For payment in EURO:
BANK ACCOUNT IBAN PL 76 1540 1030 2103 0004 9462 0004
For payment in PLN (1 euro = 4,75 PLN):
BANK ACCOUNT 60 1540 1030 2103 0004 9462 0001
In the case of tuition fees shown in EUR, it is possible to pay in PLN at the exchange rate of 4.75.
Bursar’s Office serves Students on the following dates:
Monday – 9:00 – 15:00
Tuesday – 8:00 – 13:00
Wednesday – closed
Thursday – 10:00 – 15:00
Friday – 10:00 – 15:00
The Financial Service Office serves Students on the following dates:
phone: +48 71 333 11 05
personal: room 3/8
phone: +48 71 333 11 05
The applications to the Rector
Application forms to the Rector:
- on matters related to tuition fees,
- on matters related to additional fees,
- for refund of overpayment
- for a family discount (when applying for a family discount, the Student is required to show a document confirming the degree of relationship)
are available for download below.
Applications to the Rector can be submitted in person at the Bursar’s Office (room 3/11) or sent by scan to [email protected] (scans must be signed by hand!).
Students may obtain a certificate of student status, ZUS/KRUS, bank, residence card, in order to extend their visa, payment of the fees, etc.
In order to do that, students should:
- send an e-mail to [email protected], if the certificate concerns financial matters, in which it should contain information about the type of certificate (e.g. in which institution it should be presented) and any additional information it would like it to contain
- wait for a reply as to whether the conditions for obtaining a certificate have been met and when they can apply for acceptance
We would like to remind you that it is necessary to use the university post office when submitting requests for the preparation of a certificate.